Friday, 30 May 2014

Cooking with Arthur turns 3 years old!

It turns out I've been blogging away about cooking with arthritis and diet for three whole years!
It sort of passed me by until I was looking back over previous Cooking with Arthur posts and realised the first one was back in May 2011. So much has changed in my life since then: I've moved house, got married, had a baby and left my job to go freelance. My arthritis has changed too: I've had some improvements thanks to anti-tnf drugs and a jaw operation, but I've also had some setbacks with changing regimes for pregnancy
 and old mechanical problems flaring up. The one thing that hasn't changed is my love of cooking with arthritis, so please indulge me and allow me to share my highs, lows and greatest hits of the past three years...

Highs
  • It sounds trite but every comment, forum post and visitor to the blog makes it all worthwhile. It's lovely to know that there are others out there cooking with arthritis and trying to maintain a healthy diet.
  • Being featured in the Daily Mail - slightly embarrassing and hugely exciting at the same time! It makes me particularly proud that the Mail featured my tips because so often I've been told cooking with arthritis is a niche issue. It's not! Almost 1 in 5 50-59 year olds in the UK have osteoarthritis and over 400,000 people have RA. That's alot of cooks...
  • Working with and engaging with all the amazing arthritis charities and organisations out there. 

Lows
  • Not that many, but having content used without attribution has been really disheartening. I write about diet, cooking and arthritis purely for the love of it so having people nick your hard work is very dreary. Grrr...

Greatest hits

The next three years...
Who knows? I'll keep on keeping on! Do let me know what you want to see more of and any design changes you'd like to see and thank you for keeping me 'Cooking with Arthritis' for the last three years.


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog and always good to see what you are cooking up. Happy blog birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, your blog always brings a smile to my face--I've tried several of your recipes and they've all been as simple and tasty as advertised. It's so nice to have a reliable source of healthy, arthritis-friendly recipes on hand, and your friendly, no-nonsense tone makes reading them a pleasure. The scientific aspect of how the different foods affect us is fascinating, as well.

    I'm glad you're planning to keep Cooking with Arthur online and growing. I'm looking forward to learning more! Thanks for all you do, and best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind Wren, thank you. I'm so glad the recipes have been a hit with you too, spurs me on to do more. Hope all is well with you.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...